Feedback & Suggestions

What would you like to see from UBank?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Receive Ultra Bonus (1.06%p.a.) on all USavers not just the linked one

UBank makes it really easy to create multiple accounts for different saving goals and this is a great feature that I'd like to use. But unfortunately by doing that I'm giving up on the Ultra Bonus for all those extra accounts, which does not make sense.

So as a customer I'd like to still receive the Ultra Bonus on all accounts if I have one linked so that I can organise my saving goals in different accounts.

Currently the financial incentive for the Ultra Bonus clashes with the customer experience benefit of having multiple USavers.

526 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We appreciate your suggestion and have heard our customers feedback regarding applying the Ultra Bonus Rate to multiple USaver accounts.
      We have passed on this suggestion to our management team for their consideration in the next product enhancement strategy.
      Thank you for your suggestion to make our products better ^WP

• Let users created 'trusted' accounts

A list of trusted bank accounts would let users not have to jump through the whole SMS process each time they transferred money. The SMS would only be needed the first time the account was set up. This would not only make it easier to transfer money now but also when overseas. The process would allow customers to opt into this process. Customers should still be given the option to stay with the full SMS process if they prefer.

419 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, you recently supported a suggestion on UBanks Public Forum for Feedback and Suggestions and I’m pleased to let you know that UBank is considering ‘trusted’ accounts and will keep you updated with any progress that’s made. Thanks ^WP

• 403 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          started  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Add ability to disable sweep on Ultra account.

It would be good to be able to disable sweep or if not then would be good to make people aware that if they have a low balance they are worst off signing up for the Ultra account assuming they have no use for the debit card.

A minimum of $100 ($500 default) is swept from your uSaver to this transaction account that doesn't pay any interest. So there is an indirect cost of having this account (minimum indirect cost pa of $3.11 ($100*3.11%) or default indirect cost pa of $15.55 ($500*3.11%)).

If you don't intend to use the debit…

264 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your honesty and kind words for UBank. The Ultra has some great features, and we always look to provide our customers with as much information as we can. Recently we have also started to send an email the night after the first sweep. To educate, as well as provide the knowledge of the minimums that are available for sweeps.

I have passed through your suggestion to provide the option to disable sweeps. Watch the status for further updates.

• 252 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Show uncleared Visa transactions in transaction history

I've found that with my UBank Ultra account, EFTPOS transactions appear in the transaction history immediately. However, if I use the Credit option at an EFTPOS terminal, causing Visa to be used, the transaction does not show in the transaction history until it clears a few days later.

I find this inconvenient, because I was to be able to view up-to-date spending information on the website. NAB shows uncleared Visa transactions, and I found it helpful when checking my expenditure.

For example, today I made a purchase using Visa, but I left the receipt somewhere. Now I want to know…

230 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Let us change our UBank Visa Debit card PIN online

It's inconvenient to have to go to an ATM to change my PIN. You're an online bank, so I expect this ability online.

225 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Revert back to your old website.

Your new webpage is horrible and doesn't look simple at all. Instead, it looks like a DIY site and untrustworthy. The old webpage was friendly and welcoming at least.

223 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear you’re not a fan of our recent rebrand and the visuals from our new website. UBank’s new brand identity supported by Just the Bank You Need, is offering you exactly what you need from a bank and nothing you don’t. We hope as a result of the new brand you’ll better understand what UBank stands for and what we believe in. ^WP

• Support TOTP for confirmation tokens

Rather than sending out SMS confirmation tokens, it would be nice to give users the option to use enable TOTP authentication instead.

The benefits of using this standardization is that you don't need access to a mobile network or the internet to generate a valid confirmation token.

This can come in handy when you're overseas without access to your Australian mobile (roaming can get very expensive quickly).

Another benefit is that users can use their existing 2 factor authentication apps with uBank as well.

Many other organizations already support using these tokens for 2 factor login. Google is just one…

215 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Windows Phone 8 Compatibility

Need to support current Windows Phones, IE 10 on Windows Phone 8 currently not functional with mobile site beta

208 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • introduce an accrued interest calculator

Introduce an accrued interest function that calculates and shows the actual daily interest earned, due to be paid at the end of the month, instead of having to wait until interest is actually credited on the account to see the amount due. CBA has a similar function in all its interest bearing accounts and it's very handy...
                        PS I am currently using an Excel spreadsheet to calculate and keep track of the daily interest earned :(

166 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Enable immediate login

The first thing i have to do with the website is log in, why with the new site do I have to click a button for the log in area to appear? This only makes using the site slower than it used to be.

158 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • unable to access desktop site from mobile

There should be an option to use the desktop site from your mobile. As a default mobile is fine, but as not everything can be done from that version a quick link to the full site would be good. I want to edit a current regular transfer but can't do so on mobile site, I've tried typing www. but it keeps going back to beta site.

156 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Kristeen, you will find the recent upgrade of our website allows for certain mobile devices to host the full website. We’re also looking into full website access for mobiles at the moment; stay up to date here. ^WP

• New website poor and slow

Make your new website as fast as previous website for online banking or go back to old website which worked better

139 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I want to assure you that the rebrand has had no effect on the current customer service, your products or online banking you are familiar with at UBank. You will, however, see a difference in the look and feel of the website and our customer communications– emails, letters, contract packs. ^WP

• Change the website

Hi Team,

I've been a customer for over 5 years now, and love everything about your services, however, I'm looking to get a new product and finding the website very difficult to navigate, the upgrade from previous website has made it more impersonal and less inviting. I'm quite good with web pages and technology but it's a bit of a muck around especially when I know exactly what I'm looking for.

Please consider updating this, if I wasn't an existing customer I wouldn't join from looking at the website.

Make it more user friendly please!!

Otherwise keep up the good…

114 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Courtney, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about the recent rebrand of our website. I’m pleased to let you know that we have received feedback from our customers and we’re looking to make some changes soon and I’ll be sure to keep you updated. ^WP

• Reduce the miminum sweep for uSaver Ultra to $1 which is still cash positive

Forcing existing customers to have a transaction account to get Bonus interest is a bit much but to then force a sweep out of savings into that account with a minimum balance of $100 which earns no interest says you don;t care about your existing customers. The terms and conditions state that the balance has to be cash positive so why not have the lower limit of $1 which is still cash positive? That way, customers are maximising their interest opportunities and for those that did not want another transaction account can just not use the transaction account. By having…

113 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Robin, I understand your request and have placed this suggestion through for further consideration.

It is important to note the upgrade to the USaver Ultra was our customer’s choice. This may have been done to receive the higher bonus rate in replacement of the Automatic Savings Plan bonus, finishing on the 31/10/2014. As such this was one of the criteria; today I have requested the minimum sweep be reduced to $1 as you have suggested. You can keep up to date with any changes here or online through our FAQ’s under ‘How can we help you?’ ^WP

• Transaction history should also show account balance at that time.

Put in another column for the account balance for each transaction.

99 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Change your interface to increase log in and screen load speed

The new interface with the drop-down log in and softer edges on tables etc. obviously contain a lot of information because screens load so much slower now than before the interface update. Please go back to your old simple, no fuss interface so banking can be done fast again. Or make a new interface with faster screen changes.

95 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Create UBank APIs for integration with other webapps/programs like Yodlee/Mint/Outright/Etc

Having an API to allow integration with other web-applications would allow for cool new interesting functionality. E.g: budgeting tools based on real-time bank account information

Several of these web-apps already exist but they generally rely on Yodlee support.

E.g:
                                        US Mint.com, ANZ Money Manager (https://www.anzmoneymanager.com) or online accounting solutions such as Outright (http://outright.com)

93 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Completely redo your Website

UBank has the worst website of all the financial institutions.
                                          I am sure you paid someone ALOT of money to design this horrible hard to use monsterous site.

Please listen to your clients. Even if you have to put back the old site you had it was functional and easy to use. This current website is the worst website I have ever seen, used or heard about in the world. (I am in IT and visit sites daily). It hurts your business and reputation.

I can give examples many examples let us start with a simple customer hearing about UBank…

93 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback & Suggestions

Feedback and Knowledge Base